Re: Globbing on what the completion function would suggest?

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 22:19, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if I've done anything special, but for example if I do
> ls --[ab]<tab>, i get

> I can't test the show completion since I don't use debian, but
> apt-cache [md]*<tab> behaves the same way.

I don't know what options you have set, but on 4.3.6 on Debian
unstable, this does not complete anything, for me.

I should have been clearer in my initial email: I don't want to do
this interactively, I want to do this on the CLI or in a script.

Richard