proper UTF-8 support under OSX

:From: Panagiotis Atmatzidis <atma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
:Subject: proper UTF-8 support under OSX
:Hello,
:
:I have a snow leopard desktop to which I use the default BASH which
:works fine. Then I have another system on the house that runs Tiger
:(OSX) 10.4.11 mac mini G4 ppc. When I ssh from SL to Tiger I can't
:write greek. The UTF-8 support appears to be broken, while I can't see
:nor UTF-8 nor ISO-8859-7 chars on mutt email client.
:
:Of course I tried to set .zshrc LANG and LOCALE options in el_GR.UTF-8
:mode but it does not work. And while I can't write Greek to zsh and
:bash, apparently I can write correctly using ksh!!!
:
:Does this make any sense? Could someone give me a hint on how to
:adjust this?
:
:Best regards
:Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

Sorry, something went awry with this message which I manually injected
to the list as I had left too many previous headers in.  Normal mail
should not have this problem.

Regards,
Geoff