Re: Assorted questions

(Oops, accidentally sent this to Wayne instead of to the list.)

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Wayne Davison
<wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Simon Friedberger
> <simon+zsh@xxxxxxxxxx<simon%2Bzsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>> This has several problems. For starters the first line fails with:
>> "widgets can only be called when ZLE is active"
>>

> Yeah, I don't know how to use set-local-history outside of a zle key
> binding.

This is what zle-line-init is for ...

zle-line-init() { zle set-local-history 1 }
zle -N zle-line-init

(Why is there no doc for set-local-history other than a passing
mention under options?)