Re: Completion and double quotes

On Thursday 12 August 2010 11:31:26 Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:30:08 +0200
>
> Joke de Buhr <joke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Currently my completion is somehow configured to transform double
> > quoted paths to backslash escaped paths.
> >
> > Example:
> >   ls /path/to/"file with"<TAB> -> /path/to/file\ with\ spaces
> >
> > I would like the completion not to touch the quotation.
>
> It's not configurable, but you can put the double quote right at the start
> of the filename and it probably does what you want.

If put the double quote right at the start is there any way to get the
completion to work paths beginning with "~" ? My completion doesn't offer
anything in these cases:

Example:
  ls "~/<TAB>    <-- no completion at all

Completion only works if the "~" is unquoted (like: ~"/<TAB>) but quotes later
on are destroyed during that process.