Re: scratchpad text

> How about:
>
>     zle-line-init() {
>       print -nR $terminfo[sc]$terminfo[home]"$REMINDER"$terminfo[rc]
>     }
>     zle -N zle-line-init
>
> Then anything stored in the shell parameter REMINDER will be shown at
> the top left of the screen.  Of course it'll begin to scroll off if you
> have a multi-line command.

Nice, I like.
I tried to have a multi-line display (as you pre-empted).
And using ^M as the newline car.
But the second line actually overprints the first line.

This would be a nice to ahve, but the idea is great I will use - it
thanks.

> Replace sc/rc with tsl/fsl to use the status line if your terminal has
> one (which you can test for by examining $terminfo[hs]).

[eric@pepper ~] $ echo $terminfo[hs]
no

How would I change this?

Eric