Re: Completing UNC paths in Windows/Cygwin

Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> 2011/9/7 Hannu Koivisto <azure@xxxxxx>:
>> //machine/share/directory/f<complete> doesn't work either for me.
>
> Try setting the accept-exact-dirs zstyle and see if that helps.

It does indeed fix //machine/share/directory/f<complete> and
//machine/C\$/directory/f<complete> but //machine/C\$/<tab> just
causes the shell to get stuck forever (Ctrl-C helps), just like
//machine/<tab> (I guess that one is not surprising as it would
probably require some special code for listing shares).

I have also observed that Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/<tab> fails if
accept-exact style is true.  Without the parentheses it doesn't
fail.

It turns out that setting accept-exact-dirs to true in addition to
accept-exact fixes that case.

Admittedly I don't really understand accept-exact, even after
reading the documentation.  For some reason I no longer remember I
have copy&pasted it to my .zshrc's Windows/Cygwin specific section
in addition to zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list
'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}' (which I believe I understand).

Am I supposed to set accept-exact-dirs to true if accept-exact is
true?  Is there something that zsh could do so that users wouldn't
have to set accept-exact-dirs in order to have
//machine/foo/bar/<tab> work?

--
Hannu