Re: Completing UNC paths in Windows/Cygwin

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:54:42 +0300
Hannu Koivisto <azure@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I supposed to set accept-exact-dirs to true if accept-exact is
> true?

They do different things, they just happen to be similar enough that the
name is similar.

> Is there something that zsh could do so that users wouldn't
> have to set accept-exact-dirs in order to have
> //machine/foo/bar/<tab> work?

Not, presumably, without more hacking around with a part of the
completion code that breaks something every single time it gets
changed.

It would be nice to be able to specify plugins to handle appropriate
file contexts, but that's not going to happen until somebody understands
_path_files, and at the moment we're all struggling quite badly.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog