Re: autoload syntax

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:32:15 -0800
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Peter:
> > On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:35:07 -0800
> > Ray Andrews<rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> >> I'm just working on my first C project in linux, it's a function for
> >> moving the mouse pointer to various memorized positions via keystrokes.
> >> Three questions:
> >>
> >> Can I  link this program with zsh the same way I do with a zsh function
> >> so that it becomes part of the shell?
> > You can add it as a module but I'm not sure it's going to help.
> >
> So I can link a C module the same as a shell function? Where
> can I find out more about this?

No, you can link a C module completely differently from like a shell
function...   See the section Modules in zsh-development-guide and the
code in Src/Modules.  The module will need to provide a standard shell interface,
i.e. builtin, parameter, math function or test.

> Hey Peter, you never answered my email asking for more information
> about zsh. I think I want to get involved.

I'm not sure what the questions are, but there are certainly things to
look at.