Re: compinit causes completion to fail?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 02:57:56 -0400
TJ Luoma <luomat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To answer my own question:
>
> IFS='
> '
>
> is what was causing the problem.
>
> I'm now learning about using the f expansion flag instead of mucking
> with IFS for splitting arrays on newlines

I'd certainly recommend parameter expansion for this kind of thing,
despite its rococo aspects, but note that you should be able to set
IFS as a prefix to a command line and have it restored after the
command line is executed, otherwise it's a bug.  However, that has its
own quirks; in particular, the IFS isn't set until after the command
line is fully expanded.  So I think you're going the right way.