Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Zsh on Debian is beginning to rot
- X-seq: zsh-users 17244
- From: Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Mark van Dijk <lists+zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Zsh on Debian is beginning to rot
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:16:01 +0200
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Face: 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
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Mark van Dijk <lists+zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: DeuxChevaux.org -- The Citroën 2CV Database
- References: <email@example.com> <20120909175104.GV30122@sym.noone.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 08:38:08PM +0200, Mark van Dijk wrote:
> > Squeeze is about 1.5 years old, Squeeze's feature freeze was in the
> > beginning of August 2010 and zsh 4.3.10 was the uptodate zsh
> > developement (!) release back then.
> Yeah, so it's 2 years old and it did have some minor fixes since then.
> The word 'rot' was chosen poorly sorry about that, if I pissed you
> off too much I apologise.
And yeah, we felt hurt -- because we put quite a lot of work in
Debian's zsh package, especially over the last 1.5 years since we
started to maintain it as a team. (Despite we're still not where we
would like to be packaging-wise.)
I tried to not sound too pissed, but I seem to have failed there...
> Ok, here's the honest answer. While I indeed do realise how Debian
> works with their versioning strategy (and I commend them for that in
> general) there is a genuine (but admittedly stupid) reason for why I
> sent my email --
> -- i.e. I did not check the versioning of Zsh properly. For some reason
> the wrong version stuck with me (4.7.13) which is bogative. This
> morning I got a bit too annoyed because I kept hitting a couple of
> issues that have been fixed after 4.3.10. Had a rotten night, yada
> yada, and sent the mail.
Thanks for the explanation. Seems as we've both calmed down again
already. And that's good. :-)
If you do IRC, feel free to come in #pkg-zsh on Freenode.
Kind regards, Axel
/~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign | Axel Beckert
\ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mail)
X See http://www.asciiribbon.org/ | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \ I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)
Messages sorted by: