dsf

I have a nice little recent-files completer, see below.
(found here: http://michael.stapelberg.de/Artikel/zsh_recent_completion )

What I would like to add to this, is for it to expand global aliases inline,
before trying to complete (and thus ending up completing files in my aliased
directory).

I started trying to meld _generic and _expand_alias, but with my lack of
fluency in zsh, I just made a mess :) Any help out there? Is there perhaps some
generic way for having this done for all completion? A zstyle for
_main_complete?

# 'ctrl-x r' will complete the 12 last modified (mtime) files/directories
zle -C newest-files complete-word _generic
bindkey '^Xr' newest-files
zstyle ':completion:newest-files:*' completer _files
zstyle ':completion:newest-files:*' file-patterns '*~.*(omN[1,12])'
zstyle ':completion:newest-files:*' menu select yes
zstyle ':completion:newest-files:*' sort false
zstyle ':completion:newest-files:*' matcher-list 'b:=*' # important