Re: "embedded": tips for a small(er) zsh installation size?

On Jan 18,  6:14pm, Axel Beckert wrote:
}
} Then again, in my case the Unix.zwc is bigger than the Unix directory
} contents it's generated from

Yeah, ZWC format isn't compressed -- it stores nearly all the raw text
as well as the "compilation" linkage so that the XTRACE option and the
functions command can continue to work.  The only thing removed is the
inconsequential whitespace.

} but I suspect a performance penalty if
} you just install the source instead of the .zwc files. :-)

The penalty probably isn't much if you aren't using very many of the
functions packed in the ZWC.  In fact if your use is sparse enough it
may actually be more expensive to compile.