Re: Issue with histreduceblanks

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:20:58 +0530
Raghavendra D Prabhu <raghu.prabhu13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been noticing an issue with mangling of history (randomly) from a few
> weeks, today I decided to check which option may have been
> causing that. It seems to be histreduceblanks
> I got this thread - http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/1997/msg00542.html
> from search, but it looks like it turned out to be an issue with
> terminal capabilities.
> I use rxvt-unicode normally and noticed the issue on that first.
> However, as you can see above, I can reproduce this with xterm as
> well.

It's probably worth making sure whether this is a shell issue or a
terminal issue.

Recall the line, then (regardless of it being mangled) go to the
start of it and enter "print ", then hit return.  If it's a terminal
issue the line you see will be correct.  It seems a bit unlikely that
that's the problem if it's associated with the option, though.

Are there any non-ASCII characters on the line that might be confusing
the algorithm (the option pre-dates handling of multibyte characters)?