Re: completion fails if dir referenced via variable.

On 02/25/2014 11:21 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
You could also type one more character of the filename, type space and
then backspace, etc. -- anything so that you aren't invoking the same
completion widget twice consecutively, which has its own special meaning.
Bingo! Thanks Bart. I can't say that's intuitive but it works and isn't hard to remember. But couldn't we have:

 zstyle ':completion:*' auto-multiple-completion

or something like that? In the above situation I'd want it to perform any and all completions/expansions/corrections all at once, every time. Mind, with completions, of course there can be choices to be made, but variable expansions should pretty well be automatic IMHO. Or at least I'd always want that.