Re: how to truncate an array

On 03/04/2014 07:05 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Mar 4, 12:02pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} God knows what " =() " really does, and I'm smart enough to not even ask ;-)

Heh.  () in an assignment is just an array with no elements.
That's easy for you to say. ;-) What I mean is how the underlying C code knows to terminate the array. Come to think of it, there must be a null inserted, cuz that's how C does things even if zsh wants to be different. I wish we could just do the same thing up front and in yo' face.
Nevermind, I hafta try to think like a zsheller.