Re: Look for git info in background

On Apr 9,  9:26am, Nick Cross wrote:
}
} After compiling up a 5.0.5 (and commenting out most of my .zshrc as some
} option was causing a "can't clobber parameter" file descriptor issue) I
} finally got it working - very neat!

Ah, that would be the NO_CLOBBER option, and must be coming from

      exec {update_prompt_fd}<<( git_super_status )

I'm a little surprised you ran into that because it means (I think) that
precmd is in fact running more than once before the update_super_status
handler has been called.  If you change the line

      (( update_prompt_fd )) && zle -F $update_prompt_fd >/dev/null

to instead

      if (( update_prompt_fd ))
      then
         zle -F $update_prompt_fd >/dev/null && exec {update_promp_fd}<&-
      fi

then you should be able to have NO_CLOBBER set again.