Re: Case-insensitive completion with partial substring matching

On Jun 7,  8:00pm, nicolas.canceill wrote:
}
} Are you saying I should file a bug with Zsh about that?

You already did, just by sending your first message.

} If you think I can assist in debugging, maybe you could help me find
} the relevant portions of the Zsh code?

Well, it's all in Src/Zle/compmatch.c, and it probably has something to
do with the functions bld_line, pattern_match_equivalence, or join_sub,
but there'll be a pretty steep learning curve.  Dive in, if brave ...

I also recommend testing with the ":" command or anything for which there
is no complicated completion function defined; using "less" for example
generates a lot of extra irrelevant passes through the completion code.