killed zsh completion (cygwin)

Hi
I installed a new user on Win8.1 and wanted to run Cygwin/zsh.
however when I started zsh the entire autoloads listed to the console
and NO tab completion of anything works.Bash completion is fine.

So OK lets start from scratch and re-install Cygwin64 (i had cygwin 32).
Same problem.

I still get the problem even if I start with zsh -f and hand load
compinit

If I delete .zcompdump the listing of the autoloads stops

there is a thread here

http://superuser.com/questions/489831/zsh-autocompletion-not-working-on-
cygwin

Without completion using zsh is like playing chess with boxing gloves

ls *yy*<tab> does work but lists all matches

zsh 5.0.2 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin)

I would guess it's something to do with file ownership as completion is
still working for the original user

--
zzapper
https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip