Re: combining .histfiles

On 10/14/2014 04:55 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

On Oct 14, 2014 3:24 PM, "Ray Andrews" <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> I could stop the command on each line individually, but not the .histfile *itself*. Is there some way to
> to break out of it?

As I said, Ctrl+c should do it. I just now manufactured a file with a few hundred "cp largefile /dev/null" commands, read it with "." and was able to end it with Ctrl+c before it made it all the way through.

Hmmm, it didn't work here, I hit Ctrl+c a dozen times, it didn't break out. I'll try to figure out why.
On the other hand, you are the first person I've ever heard of make this particular mistake. :-) :-/
Well then never mind. You can be sure I'll never do it again, that is for sure! What with the file format, all those leading numbers, it didn't look executable so the worst thing is that it was such a huge shock. Never more. But it does make me question what *isn't* executable.