Re: How to add a 'non-escaped' tilde to the completion list

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:21:06 +0100
Death Jester <d3ath.jest3r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ok. I thought it works and the substitution now actually works as
> intended, either with '-f' or '-Q'. But now I have another issue xD
>
> When I hit my shortcut 'CTRL+v', the completion system adds a '~'
> character to the command line instead of showing me the list of
> available directories. When I hit 'CTRL+v' again, I get an other '~' and
> the list.

I suspect that's CTRL+v rather than the completion system: your
completion function doesn't look problematic in that regard.
CTRL+v is often used to quote the next character and that can be
interpreted somewhere other than in the shell's line editor.

See if you still get this with another binding.

pws