Re: surprise with echo

On 12/19/2014 09:08 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
You still don't understand what's going on. The expansion only results in a null result *if the array itself is empty*. Null *elements* do not produce the same behavior.

Yes, I understand it, I just spoke poorly.

Agreed. That's why enabling RC_EXPAND_PARAM by default should never happen.

I'd say that if it worked the way Kurtis showed that it's 'supposed' to work
then that would be the best of all possible worlds.  But it's just my 1/2
cent, I don't value my own opinion on this beyond that.
OTOH Bart just showed how the surprise can be avoided so ....
> It's only a surprise if you enable the option without understanding what it does first.

Too true.