Re: symlink chain.

On 01/02/2015 03:42 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:

I put that patch in by hand and it sorts out the  -sa issue, alas:

     $ whence -asm "/usr/bin/zsh"
     (nothing)

Needless to say, I have no idea if this is sound, however:

    /* With -m option -- treat arguments as a glob patterns */
//    if (OPT_ISSET(ops,'m')) {
    if (OPT_ISSET(ops,'m') && **argv != '/' ) {

... seems to work. I'm just aping what Peter did, of course. Even when one has narrowed down a 'search' to a single file, the command should not break. In that case the command is not so much 'finding' as it is informing.

    $ find /etc/fstab
    /etc/fstab

... sure, it's a bit pointless to 'find' an exactly specified file, but the command still works, and it confirms that the thing exists. With Peter's -S switch one might 'whence' a specific file just to see the pointer chain expand. And the other switches should not break it, even if they aren't really doing anything.