Re: completion

On 01/07/2015 11:33 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Jan 7, 2015, at 2:24 PM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And used as a sort of 'wildcard', that would be fine, *but*
it shouldn't change the number of separators:

kill (  :Ray:*:*:Montreal:*:*: )
How is this any better than just having empty fields?

This might be an issue in an academic sense, and the documentation should certainly be cleared up, but I'd imagine that anyone actually doing this sort of complex matching would write out the empty fields instead of playing games with asterisks.
I'm not sure, maybe empty fields could mean something different, I'm just being verbose. All I can say with force is that, however this asterisk thing works, it sure is not obvious. I read two docs several times over and only got more confused.
vq