Re: Hiding command from history

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:49:20 +0200
İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Peter Stephenson
> >> and indeed there's no reason I can think of why you couldn't simply
> >> define
> >>
> >> zshaddhistory() { [[ $1 = ${~HISTORY_IGNORE} ]] && return 1; }
> >
> > This is quite nice. Thanks!
>
> Talked too early it seems. When I add this line to my ~/.zshrc then
> history file is never updated when I exit the shell. Removing this
> line fixes the problem. Any ideas why?

Sorry, I was careless with status.  Which just goes to show...

See if the following works, which I think it does...

zshaddhistory() { [[ $1 != ${~HISTORY_IGNORE} ]]; }

The old one reflected the status of the [[ ... ]] if it failed, but the
status of that is actually all we need as long as we reverse it.

pws