Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:10 PM, ZyX <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is the first time I saw any “bash convert” needing this feature. I think
> that if you create a poll you will see that almost everybody will vote for
> either “WTF are you talking about?”, “Who may need this behaviour?” or
> “Sure,
> this option is cool. Doesn’t mean I am going to ever use it though.”

Those were pretty much my thoughts as well. I have never once in the 30+
years I've been programming wanted to change the default background color
of an existing terminal session on the fly; i.e., outside of a particular
app. This is something you spend a few minutes every five years or so
deciding on your personal preference then set once and forget about it. If
you like different background colors to signify a particular purpose for a
given terminal you, again, figure out what those should be then create an
easy mechanism for invoking a terminal with the desired characteristics (be
it background color, width, height, or anything else).

> Thus I would say that implementing such option is a pure waste of time.

Agreed. Please do not implement this. There are already way too many zsh
options with very limited utility but which cause much confusion.

--
Kurtis Rader