Re: problem with completion system

hmmm, I am using zprezto, but I have the following zshrc as well

#
# Executes commands at the start of an interactive session.
#
# Authors:
#   Sorin Ionescu <sorin.ionescu@xxxxxxxxx>
#

# Source Prezto.
if [[ -s "${ZDOTDIR:-$HOME}/.zprezto/init.zsh" ]]; then
  source "${ZDOTDIR:-$HOME}/.zprezto/init.zsh"
fi
alias ls='ls -1 -F -a'
alias cp='cp -p'
alias vsound='vsound  -t'
alias rsyncwlym='rsync --progress -avh -e "ssh -p 2222 -l covici"'
alias rsyncasterisk='rsync --progress -av -e "ssh -l martin"'
umask o-rx
prompt gentoo
setopt clobber

# Customize to your needs...

Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 9:01 AM,  <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi.  I am new to zsh, so I hope I explain myself clearly.  When
> > completing things -- particularly files -- sometimes the system will
> > tell  me the choices and then place the cursor at the end of the first
> > choice, so if that is not the one I want, I must then backspace to the
> > point where I started and do again -- what I would like is for the
> > system to leave the cursorwhere it was so I can type some more.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> The behaviour you say you want is the default, so you could start by
> removing your customizations, or saying what they are so we can point
> out which are changing the behaviour, rather than guessing.
>
> --
> Mikael Magnusson

How do
you spend it?