Re: Vimode problem (key press dropping)

On Jul 29,  5:35pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} Well, what almost always happens is we eat the ^[[1 part and insert
} the ~ literally, which is confusing.  If we literally inserted the
} whole ^[[1~ string, it would be more obvious

But "literally insert the whole string" presumes either that you are
in the viins keymap to begin with, or that any unrecognized characters
kick you into viins even if you started in vicmd.  Also, treating a
leading ESC as a self-insert in viins is problematic.