Re: missing curses.so

On 10/03/2015 11:58 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Oct 1,  7:37pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} After rebuilding everything yesterday I thought everything was fine, but
} I see that I'm missing two modules: curses.so and pcre.so.

curses.so gets built if the necessary libraries and headers are found,
so for some reason they were not.

You may need to use the --with-term-lib option to configure, or in
some other way tell the build process where the headers are.

pcre.so is not built unless "configure --enable-pcre ..." is used.
 It seems strange.  I have '/usr/include/ncurses.h' and the thing seems to
find it and then not find it:

configure:5942: checking ncurses.h usability
configure:5942: gcc -c  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:5942: $? = 0
configure:5942: result: yes

configure:5942: checking ncurses.h presence
configure:5942: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:5942: $? = 0
configure:5942: result: yes
configure:5942: checking for ncurses.h
configure:5942: result: yes
configure:5942: checking ncursesw/ncurses.h usability
configure:5942: gcc -c  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:108:30: fatal error: ncursesw/ncurses.h: No such file or directory

    2$ ./configure --with-term-lib

... shows:

configure: error: "No terminal handling library was found on your system.
This is probably a library called 'curses' or 'ncurses'.  You may
need to install a package called 'curses-devel' or 'ncurses-devel' on your
system."
See `config.log' for more details

... but all these are installed:

i libncurses5 - shared libraries for terminal handling
i   libncurses5-dev                 - developer's libraries for ncurses
i libncursesw5 - shared libraries for terminal handling (wi
i   ncurses-base                    - basic terminal type definitions
i ncurses-bin - terminal-related programs and man pages
i   ncurses-term                    - additional terminal type definitions

... and I have these:

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5.9

I finally installed 'libncursesw5-dev' and all is well. Sheesh, seems 'libncurses5-dev'
doesn't cut it.