Re: [vi-mode] widgets for case manipulation: `gU` and `U` in visual mode

Filipe Silva wrote:

> "If this is the problem, it has also been fixed in newer versions by
> making it continue waiting for further keys if the keys typed so far,

> What recent versions would those be? since 5.2?

Actually, the change was made in December 2014 - before 5.0.8. However,
looking at your setup, it seems that you have in effect the following:
  cutbuffer() {
    zle .$WIDGET
    echo $CUTBUFFER | pbcopy
  }
  zle -N vi-yank cutbuffer

The custom cutbuffer widget is not marked as being a vi operator so gets
invoked as soon as you press y. Currently, I can't think of an easy fix
for this. In the past, we considered allowing flags to be set on custom
widgets and I also pondered having a separate ESCKEYTIMEOUT variable.

As an aside, you might want to guard against $CUTBUFFER starting with a
- or containing \ escapes. Consider using printf or print -r --. Or
perhaps pbcopy <<<"$CUTBUFFER"

Oliver