Distributing Zsh with application in Git repositor

Problem: I have a Git repository containing an application. Part of the
application is a set of Zsh-Scripts. The requirement is that the
application should be executed on some Gnu/Linux system (where I have no
access to), by downloading/updating the Repository and execute a certain
start script.

The problem is here that I have no guarantee that the target system will
have zsh installed (at least not in the version I need). Hence my idea
is to make zsh part of the Gnu repository.

One obvious solution is to download the tar file, and have my start
script compile and install Zsh locally (no admin rights), but I wonder
if there is an easier way. Is it possible to create (or download) a
standalone executable of zsh?

Ronald