Re: trapped in bash

On 12/16/2016 01:51 PM, Aaron Schrab wrote:
The hardware and kernel are able to run 32bit binaries, but you can't use 64bit shared libraries with 32bit executables (or vice-versa). You also need the 32bit version of the run-time dynamic linker; lack of that is why you're being told that a file isn't found.

Unless there was something really special about that build I'd either just go with installing via apt or rebuilding.

Thanks Aaron. No, I've no reason not to rebuild I just wondered about the 'not found' thing, it seems like an unhelpful message. What you say doesn't surprise me as to the libraries. It is almost comical how helpless I am with out zsh now -- I can't install it for lack of having it. I'll use apt-get and then go from there.