Re: 5.3.1

On 21/12/16 08:08 PM, Jérémie Roquet wrote:
Hi Ray,

The “VAR=VALUE COMMAND” syntax sets the VAR environment variable to
the VALUE value while running the COMMAND command, and only while
running it. Here, it's almost the same as setting “LIBS=-lncurses”
then running “configure”, except that right after executing, “LIBS” is
still unset.

Best regards,

Thanks Jérémie, I've never seen that before.

Anyway, all good, the necessary lib is 'libncursesw5-dev' and don't forget the 'w' :(

I guess that just remained installed for all previous builds before the 64 bit Debian, so I just plumb forgot about it. It doesn't help that Debian offers 20 different libraries around the 'curses' theme and you hafta pick the right one. I'll tattoo it onto my forearm. Thanks Bart, without your advice I wouldn't have had a prayer of figuring that out.