Re: Avoiding the zshells intelligence...in one case

On 23/01/17 02:26 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:

If Meino has URLs where the schema starts with a tilde, though, he's
in worse trouble than this.

Too bad there was no option to just turn *everything* off for the one command. So often we end up fighting the shell's expansions with various incantations whereas:

setopt everyexpansionoff

command

unsetopt everyexpansionoff

... would be so much more understandable. I know it's not the way shells work, but why not? I now understand why this sort of thing can't be done with the 'whence -m' situation but so long as the option was unset before a command is reached, it should be at least possible in theory. Can't the whole expansion engine just be bypassed in one very long jump?