Re: command on switching terminals?

On 01/07/2018 01:27 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
xterm is older but more stuffed with features.

Yep.  Features that I occasionally use, like, and want to continue using.

 - Sixel / ReGIS graphics in the terminal w/o some sort of overlay hack.
 - answer back
 - Tektronix 4014 emulation - great for things like GNUplot
 - double height and / or width fonts
 - the ability to save a screen as HTML (read: text) including colors
- Media Copy - send remote command output to a file on the client's desktop.

That's just what comes to mind at the moment.

I really like and use both Sixel and Media Copy. MC is quite nice in that I can be sshed to a remote machine, running commands interactively, and cause the output of a specific command to show up on my client desktop as a file. }:-)

I know that they are esoteric things.  But they are things that I do use.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die