Shipping autocomplete file upstream for KDE Connect?

Dear all,

We at KDE Connect are in the process of improving our zsh autocomplete file,
and were thinking it might be easier to ship the file ourselves.

However, I initially submitted an autocomplete file to zsh some months ago,
and that's already released. So, I've got a few questions and hope you can
answer them:

What's your preferred way of shipping autocomplete files? With zsh or with the
program itself? In case it's with the program itself, how should we proceed
with adding/removing the completion file?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Matthijs Tijink

PS: I'm not subscribe to the mailing list, so please keep me on CC.