Re: completion of filenames

On 2019-12-10 9:16 a.m., Peter Stephenson wrote:

Doesn't work.  This could be something I've botched up myself.
Try ^x h and you should see something like (warning: these are long
> Ctrl x + h < did nothing at all.  Like no keystrokes were even entered.

But I'd like completion even if there are no suffix aliases, just plain vanilla completion after whatever keystrokes are typed, just as it is now but it only works after there's a command typed first. So command or no command, just complete filenames and never ever complete commands.  I'm expecting this would be a simplification of some of the stuff I posted.