Re: Glob and grep

On 16 Dec 2019, at 16:44, Nick Cross <zsh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While I found information about ^(xxx) it wasn't clear how to have multiple
> expressions to ignore.

In addition to Mikael's suggestion you can also use the x~y syntax, which i
personally find less confusing, and is effectively `m/x/ && !m/y/` in Perl:

  **/*.groovy~*/(test|target)/*
  # or you can chain multiple y patterns
  **/*.groovy~*/test/*~*/target/*

(Note that, like zshexpn(1) says, / and . are not special in the y pattern)

On 16 Dec 2019, at 16:44, Nick Cross <zsh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I right in thinking I can add (.) to e.g. *.groovy to ensure I only
> search for files as well ?

Use (-.) if you also want to match symlinks to files (which is common)

dana