Re: [ANN] zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic, relocatable zsh

On 2020-03-26 7:20 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

Roman:

Haven't upgraded for a while cuz I always forget how to do it and something is always lost, like ncursesw.

It is my pleasure to announce zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic,
relocatable zsh distribution.
Would you elaborate on this a bit?  What is 'hermetic'?  Does relocatable mean that I can just move the target directory to anything/anywhere and so long as 'zsh' if found, all else will work?

Which of the three methods below would be recommended?  The third looks best? I'm running Debian 'amd64' so which image? I'm thinking: zsh-5.8-linux-x86_64.tar.gz <https://github.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/releases/download/v3.0.0/zsh-5.8-linux-x86_64.tar.gz>

or will:
   sh -c "$(curl -fsSL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install)"

Handle it all?  And do I understand that the whole thing will be in one subdirectory? That's very nice, I hate the way things leave parts of themselves all over the place.