Re: How to refer to other mails (was: Re: completely disable zsh completion system)

At 18:56 +0000 04 Sep 2020, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(The message number is a standard feature of MLMs,

I'd definitely disagree about that being standard. The only MLM I'm aware of which provides that is ezmlm, at least as far as a message number being visible in the copies received by subscribers. Web archives created by Mhonarc (used by Mailman 2, as well as Debian lists, and likely others) include a message number in the URL for individual messages. But that's not visible outside of the web archive, it's also not stable if the web archive is regenerated from the raw messages.

I subscribe to quite a few mailing lists handled by a number of different MLM systems; none of those lists, outside of zsh-related ones, includes a message number.