Re: _pick_variant

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 8:08 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2020-11-12 10:40 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
> > and discovered the hard way that zsh supplies a completion function
> > for a utility of the same name
>
> That's why my last question was how to turn all that kind of thing off.

Sounds like an instance of XY problem. If the problem you are having
is caused by builtin completion functions clashing with your own
private scripts, it doesn't necessarily follow that the best solution
is to disable programmable completions.

FWIW, I know how to disable smart completions for all my scripts
(because they are all in ~/bin, so it's easy) and all my functions
(because they are in ~/functions) with a few lines of zsh but I'm
still wondering what other people do.

Roman.