Re: Apple bash to zsh script problems with error control and bash emulation

On 17 Nov 2020, at 06:03, Dominik Reichardt <domiman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16. Nov 2020, at 21:11, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 8:46 PM Dominik Reichardt <domiman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> So now the script runs as expected again without bash emulation! Wheee!

>> It no longer works with bash though.

> I’m good with that. I needed the script to work on my machines that are now all switched to zsh shell.

This statement seems to me to have a underlying assumption that is entirely wrong.

Bash did not go away and bash will not go away. The shell you use interactively has nothing to do with the shell a script invokes.

There is no reason to change a working script from bash to zsh just because the interactive shell you use has changed.

There may be other reasons to change a script for new features or better behavior (For example, I converted many sh scripts to bash because of these types of issues, but I also still have plenty of sh scripts as well).

--
ɹןʇnqן
<mailto:lbutler@xxxxxxxxxx>