Re: completion within a function

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 8:21 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 5:21 PM Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 6:54 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > ZDOTDIR=/tmp/empty-home zsh /tmp/complete-bart git --
> >
> > OK. That works, but it's not particularly useful; there's a difference
> > between "git checkout<tab>" and "git checkout <tab>".
>
> The latter is just
>
> ZDOTDIR=/tmp/empty-home zsh /tmp/complete-bart git checkout ''

OK. That works. Takes 8.7s to complete on the Linux repository with
3350 entries on my system, but it does complete.

You do see why I think 'git checkout ' is more friendly than 'git'
'checkout' '', right?

I'll inspect what the script is doing later on. Thanks.

Do you feel confident enough to use this approach on your own tests
though? Instead of the current convoluted one.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras