Re: completion within a function

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 6:47 PM Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK. That works. Takes 8.7s to complete on the Linux repository with
> 3350 entries on my system, but it does complete.

That's likely because it's doing "compinit -D".  It would go faster
for subsequent tests if they all ran in the same shell with that
pre-loaded.

> You do see why I think 'git checkout ' is more friendly than 'git'
> 'checkout' '', right?

For your usage, I do, but that makes it a bit harder to separate the
context from the completions.

> Do you feel confident enough to use this approach on your own tests
> though?

You mean for Test/Y*.ztst ?  No, it's not intended for that.  The
tests in the zsh suite examine cursor placement and the layout of
listings; this intentionally only generates the possible matches.