Re: disown -a

To add to pws's answer:

zzapper wrote on Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 09:36:13 +0000:
> Now something I've never quite got my head round is or isn't the underlying
> binary in bash & zsh for say disown or  grep actually the same on any
> particular system?

For grep, yes.  /bin/grep is the same thing regardless of what its
parent process is.  (That said, a process _could_ behave differently
depending on what its parent is, if it wanted to.)

disown, as mentioned by pws and elsethread, is a shell builtin.  In zsh
it's implemented as part of /bin/zsh; in bash it's presumably
implemented as part of /bin/bash.  Generally, bash and zsh's
implementations of builtins are different.