Re: Pre vcs versions of zsh

2021-04-15 18:56:03 -0400, Eric Cook:
[...]
> If i find more versions i'll add them to my account and reply to this thread.

Beside the ones you already have, I also have:

zsh-2.4.306.tar.gz
zsh-2.5.03.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta10.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta11.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta12.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta13.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta14.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta15.tar.gz
zsh-2.6-beta16-2.6-beta17.diff.gz
zsh-2.6-beta17-2.6-beta18.diff.gz
zsh-2.6-beta18-2.6-beta19.diff.gz
zsh-2.6-beta19-2.6-beta20.diff.gz
zsh-2.6-beta20-2.6-beta21.diff.gz
zsh-2.6-beta21-3.0-pre1.diff.gz
zsh-3.0.0.src.tgz
zsh-3.0.0-3.0.1.diff.gz
zsh-3.0.2.tar.gz
zsh-3.0.3.tar.gz
zsh-3.0.4.tar.gz
zsh-3.0.5.tar.gz
zsh-3.0.6.tar.gz
zsh-3.0.7.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.0-RCS.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.1-RCS.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.2.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.3.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.4.tar.gz
zsh-3.1.5.tar.gz

if you're interested.

I can't tell where I downloaded them from as that was a long
time ago probably from many different places.

The RCS ones have commit log information that go back to 3.0,
all commits by hzoli (Zoltan Hidvegi, the maintainer at the
time).

It would probably be more useful to reconstruct one git
repository out of all those versions (with authorship, dates
where available, and tags for each version) rather than one repo
per version.

Also note that file modification times as stored in tar files
sometimes being useful information from an archeological PoV.

--
Stephane