Re: Zsh spins in endless loop with SIGHUP + read in zshexit

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 2:56 AM Peter Stephenson

> >   3a) in a shell function (ZEXIT_DEFERRED)
>
> Focussing on this one, I tried
>
> TRAPEXIT() { while true; do exit; done; }
>
> and sure enough the shell is looping forever if I kill the terminal.

Of course there's nothing preventing someone from writing an infinite
loop in zshexit or TRAPEXIT, but it's reasonable to expect that exit
does stop a loop.

Are you going to commit your patch from users/26742 or shall I sweep
it up along with mine?

Meanwhile we should probably move this thread to -workers.  I hadn't
noticed it was on -users until just now.