Re: file globbing

On 2021-08-08 09:19:13 -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
> On 2021-08-08 8:07 a.m., Stephane Chazelas wrote:
> > That's not the case of zsh globs though where [0-9] only matches
> > on 0123456789,
> Good to know.  Actually I've already abandoned [:digit:] for no other reason
> than '[0-9]' seems more native to zsh which, as you show, is quite true.

I've always used [0-9], mainly because it is shorter to type
than [[:digit:]].

Just in case, I have the following in my .zshenv file:

export LC_COLLATE=POSIX

(actually, mainly for better filename sorting when filenames contain
hyphen-minus characters). IMHO, it is good to have that by default.
Specific collation rules should be used only when the context for
which they are considered is known.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>