Re: Is there any possible way to automatically escape characters when executing an alias in zsh?

On 2021-09-11 4:17 p.m., Bart Schaefer wrote:

Figuring out which quotes mean something and which ought to be
re-quoted is not a trivial matter.

If any special character were to be automatically escaped, even if it could be done, would it not implicitly break the normal use of that character?  Surely it is best to just use the shell syntax as it is meant to be used even if that does cost a keystroke or two? Quoting and escaping is one of the more understandable aspects of the shell why not use the syntax as it is?  Dunno, every time I try to get zsh to do something she doesn't want to do I end up regretting it.  Type the escape and be done with it.  Just my two cents.