Re: Select Whole, When There are Multiple Lines

Here is the complete thing. Seems to be working. Please let me know if
you find any issues.

function _home-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle beginning-of-line
}

function _end-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle end-of-line
}

zle -N _home-key
zle -N _end-key

bindkey '^[OH' _home-key # Home key to go to the beginning of the line.
bindkey '^[OF' _end-key # End key to go to the end of the line.

function _ctrl-home-key() {

REGION_ACTIVE=0

if [ "$BUFFERLINES" -gt 1 ]; then
zle beginning-of-buffer-or-history
else
zle beginning-of-line
fi
}

function _ctrl-end-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
if [ "$BUFFERLINES" -gt 1 ]; then
zle end-of-buffer-or-history
else
zle end-of-line
fi
}

zle -N _ctrl-home-key
zle -N _ctrl-end-key

bindkey '^[[1;5H' _ctrl-home-key # ctrl + home, go to beginning when
there are multiple lines)
bindkey '^[[1;5F' _ctrl-end-key # ctrl + end, go to end when there are
multiple lines

_select-whole() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0

if [ "$BUFFERLINES" -gt 1 ]; then
zle beginning-of-buffer-or-history
((REGION_ACTIVE)) || zle set-mark-command
zle end-of-buffer-or-history
else
zle beginning-of-line
((REGION_ACTIVE)) || zle set-mark-command
zle end-of-line
fi
}

zle -N _select-whole
bindkey '^A' _select-whole # Paste

function _shift-home-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle set-mark-command
zle beginning-of-line
}

function _shift-end-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle set-mark-command
zle end-of-line
}

zle -N _shift-home-key # select till the beginning of line
zle -N _shift-end-key # select till the end of line

# '[[S;9H' & '[[S;9E' are defined in alacritty.yml

bindkey '[[S;9H' _shift-home-key # Shift+Home to select till the
beginning of the line
bindkey '[[S;9E' _shift-end-key # Shift+End to select till the end of the line.

function _ctrl-shift-home-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle set-mark-command

if [ "$BUFFERLINES" -gt 1 ]; then
zle beginning-of-buffer-or-history
else
zle beginning-of-line
fi
}

function _ctrl-shift-end-key() {
REGION_ACTIVE=0
zle set-mark-command
if [ "$BUFFERLINES" -gt 1 ]; then
zle end-of-buffer-or-history
else
zle end-of-line
fi
}

zle -N _ctrl-shift-home-key
zle -N _ctrl-shift-end-key

bindkey '^[[1;6H' _ctrl-shift-home-key # ctrl + shift + home, select
till the beginning when there are multiple lines
bindkey '^[[1;6F' _ctrl-shift-end-key # ctrl + shift + end, select
till the end when there are multiple lines

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ahmad Ismail