Re: zsh : launch tmux in just one terminal

On 2021-10-01 9:52 p.m., Steve Dondley wrote:

Cool.  I rarely go past five, but maybe tmux is the way to go.

Yeah, it's definitely worth at least knowing about even with just 5 terminals, especially if you strive to keep your hands off the mouse to be more efficient.

I wrote a program that jumps my mouse pointer from one terminal to the next via hotkeys.  Yeah, when you're in terminal mode, having to reach for the mouse just to move from one to the other is really annoying. Sounds like tmux handles this itself, but will it jump between monitors?  And my program works regardless of the running applications so whereas it mostly for use in terminals I can jump between, say a browser and my email too.